Who’d have thought it, it is actually possible to transform the portobello mushroom into a meaty burger? It’s a burger both free of fat and cruelty, guilt free and is totally my go to recipe when I am craving something naughty.
Ok, I’m not going to beat around the bush with this one, let’s just get to it…
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 sourdough buns
- salad greens
- red onion
- Mayo or Vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil for frying the burgers
This recipe is so versatile, you can add whatever you fancy. We have included chilli, pesto, horseradish even…if you try something new make sure you leave a comment and let us know so we can try it too 🙂
- Warm the oil in the pan and add the mushroom. Cook for on either side for 5 minutes or so…or to your liking.
- Toast the sourdough buns.
- Prepare your salad and cut your tomato and red onion, add to bun!
- Add mushroom and spread mayo on top….
- Eat immediately (or else someone else will steal it).
These burgers are immensely delicious and you wont even think of going for a soya burger ever again!
Remember to subscribe for more recipes like this and for much more…in the meantime read our top ten ways to keep lean
Photo credit here